Sunday, January 20, 2013

Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Homemade Wonderful Bread Mix



Last week I made some bread for my daily sandwiches, and I must say, of all the gluten-free breads I have tried, Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Homemade WonderfulBread Mix is the best tasting! This was my third attempt at making wheat-free bread, after my first attempt at buying it severely failed. Let’s just say….yuck. I won’t trash the name of the brand, but I must say, it is sometimes a lot better to purchase some mix and make it yourself, then to purchase a package that has clearly been shipped from Asia.
Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Homemade WonderfulBread Mix

I picked up the package of Bob’s Red Mill, because I had already tried their Brownie Mix and Pizza Dough Mix, which were very delicious, and comparable to the “real” wheat thing.

Let me tell you, this mix is delicious, tastes right, and I actually don’t dread eating it, unlike some of the gluten-free breads I have tried. I followed the instructions as given, and I used Rice Milk, Butter and Eggs (there is an option to use egg substitute, vegetable oil, and cow milk, whatever you’re comfortable with. I wasn’t comfortable with using an egg substitute the first time around, but according to the instructions, you can use that. I was also going to use vegetable oil, but to my dismay; the vegetable oil in my cabinet was 100% soybean oil...).

I highly recommend this bread. Here are some photos of how it turns out:

Fresh out of the oven, on the cooling rack.
Sliced.
 
Delicious ham, cheddar and pickles sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment