This evening I did a delicious stir fry with scallops, broccoli, cauliflower and baby bell peppers. Cooking stir fry without soy sauce was at first unrealistic to me, then a friend of mine recommended Truffle Oil. Truffle oil, extracted from truffles, though very expensive, also goes a very long way--you really only need one tiny drop to flavor a full dish.
|Veggie and Scallop Stir Fry|
For the stir fry, you will need...
- 1 cup frozen scallops (or fresh)
- 1 cup frozen broccoli bits (or fresh, chopped)
- 1 cup frozen cauliflower bit (or fresh, chopped like broccoli)
- 5 baby bell peppers, seeds removed and sliced thin (or one large bell pepper)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teeny-tiny drop of truffle oil
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large frying pan.
- Skip steps 3 and 4 if you are not using frozen veggies.
- Add frozen scallops, heat until thawed (about 5 minutes).
- Add frozen broccoli a frozen cauliflower. Heat until ice is melted (about 5 minutes)
- Add baby bell peppers (and any other "fresh" veggies you are using) and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the drop of truffle oil, and stir around for about 30 seconds.
- All done! Enjoy over rice, rice noodles, or in a bowl by itself.